Tesco and WWF join forces to make food more sustainable
-新的联合研究一finds 80% of shoppers want supermarkets to do more to offer choices that reduce the impact their food purchases have on the planet
Tesco and WWF today announced a ground-breaking,long-term partnership2旨在将英国平均购物篮的环境影响降低50%，提高食品的可持续性，同时确保所有人都能负担得起。3.
食品生产是关键环境问题的中心，包括气候变化和生物多样性丧失，as was clearly set out in WWF's recent Living Planet Report 2018.
Working together,特易购和世界自然基金会希望解决这些问题，focusing on three key areas of activity:
- Helping customers eat more sustainable diets;
- Restoring nature in food production;and
The partnership comes as new research by the two organisations reveals that demand for sustainable food is high,with nearly 80% of shoppers wanting supermarkets to do more to offer food that is sourced in a responsible,sustainable way.
然而，it also showed there are still obstacles deterring shoppers,59%的人对哪些食物算是“可持续”食物感到困惑，75%的人认为成本是一个障碍。
Dave Lewis,Tesco Group CEO said:
"Our帮助不大的计划illustrates what we are doing to address the most significant environmental and social challenges facing our shoppers,同事，suppliers,和社区。我很高兴我们取得了进展，但我们希望进一步实现为客户提供经济实惠的目标，healthy,sustainable food.
"Partnering with WWF will help us make our customers' shopping baskets more sustainable.我们共同的目标是将平均购物篮的环境影响降低一半。通过与农民合作，suppliers,colleagues and other experts we hope to develop innovative solutions so shoppers can put affordable,tasty food on their plates today,相信他们不会损害未来几代人的食物。”
Tanya Steele,WWF UK CEO said:
"Our flagship Living Planet Report 2018 recently revealed that the world is under threat like never before – we're destroying forests,choking the oceans with plastic,vwin彩票游戏decimating wildlife and causing devastating changes to our climate.And it's the demand for food that poses one of the biggest dangers to our planet.It's the leading cause of deforestation,destroying countless habitats and threatening wildlife to the point of extinction.
“我们不仅有能力阻止，but to reverse the damage,if we act now.That is why we are delighted to be partnering with Tesco,to help create a food system that doesn't cost the Earth."
根据报告的调查结果，the partnership will play an important role in delivering Tesco's existing sustainability commitments set out in its帮助不大的计划.Since publishing the Plan a year ago,乐购在三个关键领域都取得了重大进展：人；地点；and Products.
Notes to Editors
1 – Research carried out by Walnut Unlimited on behalf of Tesco and WWF.样本量超过2000人。
2–从2018年开始，the partnership between WWF and Tesco will run for four years.
3 - Working together,特易购和世界自然基金会将开创性的行业措施，衡量英国平均购物篮的环境影响，based on key foods and ingredients.They will then act to reduce this,with the ambition to reduce it by half,while ensuring products remain affordable.
- Tesco has published a progress update on its sustainability strategy,the Little Helps Plan.阅读完整的报告访问徳赢彩票游戏tescoplc.com/littlehelpsplan
- The Little Helps Plan,launched in October 2017 sets out the actions Tesco will take to make a difference to the key environmental and social challenges facing its customers,colleagues and communities.
- 世界自然基金会，we're determined to change hearts and minds to make it politically,socially and economically unacceptable to continue using our planet's precious natural resources faster than nature can restore itself.We're tackling the underlying causes that are driving nature's vwin彩票游戏decline – notably the food system and climate change.And we're fighting to ensure future generations have a world with thriving habitats and species.
- 2018年活行星报告shows that wildlife populations have vwin彩票游戏declined by over half in less than 50 years.
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on 01707 918 701
We are a team of over 440,000 colleagues dedicated to serving customers a little better every day.